CAD Cut, a Web Industries company, is located in Middlsex, Vermont and Denton, Texas. An AS9100C and ISO 9001 certified company, CAD Cut and a leading provider of contract manufacturing services to the aerospace and medical device industries. The product applications range from simple cut parts to tight specification composite ply kits for military aircraft and medical diagnostic imaging. Our Middlesex, Vermont location is seeking a Senior Buyer.
The Senior Buyer will lead the efforts in securing from outside sources various commodities used in the production of goods. These commodities are obtained through the use of accepted procurement practices with particular attention to timely delivery, quality, and relationship to standard cost. The execution of these tasks shall be conducted with the highest level of personal, professional, and ethical conduct. These procedures involve direct contact with outside suppliers, transportation carriers, VR Sales, Customer Service, Engineering, Marketing, and Operation staffs to meet and exceed current and projected customer requirements.
The key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for supplier sourcing, procurement and delivery of materials in support of CAD Cut Composite Formatting Services
• Coordinating procurement on early product development programs in a team environment with Product Development Engineers, Production, Quality and other personnel for maximum operational effectiveness
• Working with Proposal Engineers and Development Engineering as procurement representative on new product business proposals
• Functions include: supplier sourcing, risk assessment, supplier selection & development, negotiation with suppliers, scheduling, supplier contract management, conflict resolution and maintaining cost-effective inventory control for all materials
• Ensuring that all regulatory requirements with respect to purchasing, storage, and transportation of materials are adhered to
• Creating procurement justification packages and procurement cost analysis in accordance with best practice and the requirements of FAR/DFAR when required
• Participating in continuous improvement activities
• Providing input in the supplier development process by evaluating suppliers’ performance and working with suppliers to facilitate improvements in cost, quality and delivery
• Managing a staff of two Purchasing Specialists
Qualified candidates will have the following:
• Experience working with Aerospace and Defense products and processes
• Experience in low to medium volume, developmental level procurement in a collaborative, fast paced, team environment
• BA/BS or MA/MS in supply chain or business related field
• Minimum of 6-8 years of tactical purchasing experience for the aerospace / defense industry
• Understanding of continuous improvement, lean manufacturing practices and in depth understanding ERP/MRP planning systems
• Strong skills in MS Windows – Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• The ability to excel in a dynamic work environment; energetic, capable of working independently and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
• Experience working as a part of independent product team is a must
• A U.S. citizenship required
About Web Industries and CAD Cut:
We are a 100% employee-owned company offering a competitive salary and profit sharing plan along with an excellent benefits package that includes a company-funded long term incentive plan and a comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plan with prescription drug plan, low employee premiums, deductibles, and out of pocket costs.
Qualified candidates should forward their credentials, including salary history, to email@example.com or fax them to 260-435-4364. Web Industries and CAD Cut are equal opportunity employers.